Using this app you can "snype" apps/contacts almost instantly, even if you have hundreds to sort through. Snype uses a unique dual-index system that allows instantly switching between "snyping" apps or contacts. Snype has been designed with speed in mind. All actions are quick to ensure you get to the app/contact you are looking for in the smallest amount of time possible.
If you can't remember the first letter in the name of an app/contact you can quickly find it using the search function at the top, which searches for a series of letters anywhere in the name of the app/contact.
Ways to use Snype:
• Add Snype to your home screen just like any other app.
• Access Snype from any app at any time by activating the side panels.
• Snype can replace Google Now (usually via swipe up from home button) on devices that support it.
The "side panel" mode allows instant access to all your apps and contacts no matter which app you are in.
(The persistent notification is to prevent Android from killing off the side panel service. If you don't want to see it you can go into your device Settings -> Apps -> Snype and untick "Show notifications")
Snype is not a home screen/launcher, which means you can continue to use your favourite home screen app alongside Snype. You will have the best of both worlds: a beautiful and uncluttered home screen and instant access to all your apps/contacts.
*The premium version allows complete customisation of the lists of apps and contacts, which also takes effect in the side panels. This customisation includes a grid mode, which means more apps/contacts can fit on the screen.
As this is a very new app (still in beta) I would very much appreciate an email if you find any bugs.
Explanation of permissions (yes, there are many, but they are all necessary)
• Directly call phone numbers - This is needed to enable calling a contact with one button press.
• Read contacts - This is needed to be able to access your contacts so you can "snype" them.
• Read/Write external storage - For caching purposes.
• Full network access - This is used for sending crash reports so bugs can be fixed.
• Google Play billing service - To allow upgrading to the premium version.
• Retrieve running apps - Needed to know which app is running for the blacklist feature.
• Run at startup - To allow starting of side panels after device boots (if they were previously on).
• Draw over other apps - Integral to the function of the side panels.
• Install shortcuts - Allows for the "Add shortcut to home screen" option.
Recommended for You