Reader is an unofficial client for the popular sharing website reddit.com, where users can vote on content submitted by other users that share interesting news, funny images, opinions, and thoughts. While an account is not required to browse reddit, several features do require one and it is recommended to log in with the application.
This client is currently in its BETA stage, with several missing features and bugs that still need to be fixed. The layout and design is currently only for phone-sized devices. It will not display properly on a tablet or anything larger. If you decide to download this app, please help out by reporting bugs and sending suggestions to me at [email protected]. Thank you.
This project is open source and is, and always will be, free, with no advertisements.
• Grid and list UIs to choose from
• Support for basic user features like voting, submitting, replying
• Easy viewing of Imgur, Gfycat, and YouTube
• Several fluid Material Design elements with eventually more to come
• Mail notifications
• Searching for subreddits and links
• Carefully designed and optimized UI and UX
• Full network access - Needed to connect to internet
• Read, modify, and delete storage contents - Used for caching and storing images the user decides to download
• Detect boot completed - Used to check inbox for messages on device boot
Created by Winson Chiu, also known as TheKeeperOfPie.
Developed on a Nexus 5 running Android Lollipop and the M Preview.
Recommended for You