TV SideView's name was changed to "Video & TV SideView" as of February 3, 2016.
Video & TV SideView is a tv remote control & TV Guide app from Sony that makes your TV viewing life more convenient.
1. Turn your smartphone and tablet into a quick remote controller.
2. Discover other programs while watching TV with the TV Guide in your hand.
3. Easily find recommended and popular programs across TV programs and YouTube.
4. The My library tab under Top picks lists video contents stored on your mobile device and plays them in a video player on the mobile device.
5. Use the TV program guide widget to view all currently playing programs.
Use your smart phone to discover TV programs and control your TV remotely. Using the app you can use your android mobile just like a TV remote to directly control your Sony Bravia TV by simply swiping your screen.
Video & TV SideView’s fantastic functionality enables users to browse content, as well as send and receive program recommendations based on your favorite shows!
Top picks can now be displayed in order of popularity and it’s possible to be notified of today’s recommended TV programs via push notification, meaning you’ll never miss any must-see TV again!
Our latest update also extends compatibility to LG TV devices, meaning even more people than ever can experience the ultimate media remote.
App speed and performance has also been improved making this is more effective Sony TV remote to date.
This app is compatible with Xperia™ devices, Samsung GALAXY devices, Google Nexus devices, and Android devices by all manufacturers, but some features may be limited depending on the model and version.
*Nexus9 is not supported
- Video & TV SideView official site
- Compatible device list
Sony TV Bravia
Sony Blu-ray Disc™ / Sony DVD Player
Sony Blu-ray Disc™ / Sony DVD Home Theatre System
Sony Streaming Player / Sony Network Media Player
For customers using Xperia™ Tablet with built-in universal remote control function, you will be able to use this application to select a TV program and change channels on your TV or set-top box from your mobile device.
- Additional information
1. “Video & TV SideView” will work only if your mobile device and your home device are connected to the same wireless network.
2. Some functions and services may not be supported by certain home devices.
3. Some functions and services may not be supported in certain regions/countries.
4. The seamless link to services such as YouTube etc., is subject to change or termination without notice.
Recommended for You